We are hiring, join our team
Partnership and Outreach Coordinator
GSSI Office, Haarlem, The Netherlands
The Partnership and Outreach Coordinator is the primary liaison to GSSI 80+ Funding Partners and is responsible for growing the GSSI Partnership. You will work closely with our partner companies to deliver and expand the value of the GSSI Partnership and mobilize our global network in support of delivery of our vision of more sustainable seafood for everyone. The Partnership and Outreach Coordinator represents GSSI at trade shows, industry conferences and gatherings, and coordinates GSSI’s participation in such events.
The ideal candidate is well organized, a strong communicator, enjoys working in an international context, and is keen to challenge themselves across multiple disciplines. You are flexible and are able to work independently within a dynamic and growing team. The position reports directly to the GSSI Managing Director.
1. Partnership Engagement | Strengthen strategic relationships with existing Funding Partners:
- Act as an account manager and first point of contact for GSSI’s 80+ partners
- Mobilize GSSI Partnership to be ambassadors for the delivery of GSSI’s vision and mission
- Collate Partners feedback to continuously improve value delivery to GSSI Partnership
2. Partnership Recruitment | Recruit new Funding Partners and Affiliated Partners. This will include:
- Develop and execute the outreach strategy (calling, mailing, in-person meetings)
- Collaborate with our Partners to develop new partnership opportunities within their network
3. Partnership Communications | Work closely with Head of Communications to strengthen communication propositions to our Partners
- Support Partners in their messaging around their sourcing policies and sustainability commitments
- Support Head of Communications in developing new communication materials to ensure that Partner’s needs and expectations are addressed
4. Outreach | Work closely with the GSSI team to coordinate events in line with the organizations event outreach strategy to build international recognition and exposure
- Organize logistics concerning GSSI’s participation in industry and partner events and workshops. This includes coordinating and arranging suitable dates with globally dispersed participants; distributing communication materials where needed; performing follow-up activities
- Ensure high levels of participation from Partners at various GSSI organized related events (Partners Meetings, stakeholder updates, webinars, panel discussions)
- Research new events that could be strategically beneficial for GSSI
5. Partnership Management and Administration | You will be responsible for handling partnership administrative matters
- Keep a detailed overview of all interaction and progress
- Manage the partnership agreement/approval and onboarding process
- Keep Partner mailing lists up to date
- Support in preparing materials for the quarterly board meetings and other internal reports
- A relevant BSc degree or equivalent training and work experience
- Fluency in English, oral and written, is a must. French, Spanish, Chinese and/or Japanese are preferred but not essential
- At least one year’s work experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Meticulous and attentive to detail;
- Resourceful and independent;
- Personal selling experience an advantage;
- Experience with setting-up and maintaining a CRM system is an advantage;
- Affiliation with sustainability and/or the seafood sector is an advantage;
- Keen to work in a startup environment, and happy to ‘roll up your sleeves’
What We Offer
- A dynamic and challenging position within an international organization
- The opportunity to grow your skill set, and take on responsibility
- A passionate and hard-working start-up working culture
- Competitive salary
- International travel
- A full time one year contract
GSSI supports flexible working, so the pattern of hours may vary according to operational and personal needs. GSSI works across different time zones and evening or weekend work and/or some international travel and overnight stays will be required. No overtime is payable, however under certain circumstances Time off In Lieu is granted.
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing Herman Wisse. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until 14 Oct 2019.
Independent Expert (Consultant)
GSSI is always looking to recruit qualified Independent Experts to provide objective assessments against the Benchmark Framework. Independent Experts are not GSSI Employees, but independent, external consultants.
An Independent Expert shall have:
- Detailed knowledge of audit principles, procedures and techniques in relation to quality management auditing, and related key legislative requirements;
- Detailed knowledge of general business and organizational processes and operations in relation to size, structure and function and the cross-functional relationships inherent to quality management.
An Independent Expert shall attend a GSSI Training in order to have:
- Detailed knowledge of the GSSI’s vision, mission and objectives;
- Detailed knowledge of the GSSI Global Benchmark Tool;
- Detailed knowledge of the GSSI Benchmark Process;
- Detailed knowledge of quality management systems, applicable procedures and other management systems;
- Detailed knowledge of accreditation and certification processes and procedures.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills;
- Outstanding objective, evidence-based decision-making skills;
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to facilitate multi-stakeholder meetings (both in-person and via conference call);
- Ability to communicate confidently and with authority to secure agreement with Scheme Owner management;
- The ability to step into a leadership role to manage and control discussions and situations;
- Strong conflict prevention and resolution skills;
- The ability to understand and interpret complex system development and operation, as well as legislative requirements;
- The ability to produce clear and accurate reports of assessment findings and clearly articulate these in relation to GSSI Global Benchmark Tool requirements;
- The ability to provide direction and guidance to the Benchmark Committee Members in order to reach conclusions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity;
- Diplomatic, measured and willing to consider alternative ideas or points of view;
- Empathetic, respectful of others and able to engender trust;
- Highly confident, professional and not afraid of conflict.
An Independent Expert shall have attained, as a minimum, a university degree in a scientific discipline and have a minimum of 10 years full-time experience in quality management in aquaculture, fisheries or a related marine science. They will have specialized in areas such as quality assurance, quality management, production and manufacturing, retailing, inspection, auditing or enforcement.
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, addressing Herman Wisse, Managing Director. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until May 3rd, 2019.
Prior to entry into the Register of Independent Experts, an Independent Expert shall sign a Statement of Confidentiality and a Declaration of Interest and provide these to the GSSI Steering Board. In the event that personal circumstances mean that these statements are compromised, the Independent Expert will inform the GSSI Secretariat, who will, in turn, take appropriate steps to ensure that the integrity of GSSI is not compromised.
If there is not currently a job opening that suits you, we always welcome open applications. Please send your CV and letter of motivation addressed to Herman Wisse, Managing Director to firstname.lastname@example.org.