We are hiring, join our team
Communications Intern (full-time)
GSSI Office, Haarlem, The Netherlands
- Help execute GSSI’s communications strategy to promote GSSI’s profile and visibility as the international, multi-stakeholder platform for collaboration on seafood sustainability.
- Help drive GSSI’s partnership outreach across the seafood sector.
- Help execute GSSI’s media policy and grow GSSI’s social media presence.
Support the Head of Communications with:
- Execution of daily communications (news releases, newsletters, social media etc.);
- Assist with coordinating regular updates to GSSI’s new website, including archiving the current one.
- Assist with the development of GSSI’s case studies;
- Assist with setting up GSSI’s new CRM;
- Assist with event planning and logistics;
- Reviewing, updating and filing internal documents.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree student (or recent graduate) in relevant discipline (Communications, Marketing, Communications Management, New Media);
- Proficient business English;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Pro;
- Social media savvy;
- Meticulous and attentive to detail;
- Resourceful and independent;
- Open to close instruction and eager to learn;
- A basic understanding of GSSI, its mission and the seafood sector.
What We Offer
We offer a dynamic, supportive and start-up working culture in which you will become immersed in GSSI’s Global Benchmark Tool and the workings of the seafood industry more broadly. You will join five colleagues in a sun-filled office in Haarlem and have the opportunity to work, and network with, stakeholders and seafood industry professionals from across the globe. Remuneration is Euro 500 per month.
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, addressing Jessica Wigram, Head of Communications. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until August 23, 2019.
Technical Manager (full-time)
GSSI Office, Haarlem, The Netherlands
1st October 2019
Oversee and manage the GSSI Benchmark Process, including ongoing monitoring of alignment
Be responsible for quality assurance and continuous improvement in the GSSI Benchmark Process
- Oversee multiple Benchmark Processes simultaneously and ensure they run efficiently and effectively;
- Introduce applicant schemes and new partners of GSSI to the Global Benchmark Tool;
- Coordinate Independent Experts and Benchmark Committee Members to conduct the benchmark research and revision;
- Support resolution of technical issues by acting as liaison between the schemes, Independent Experts and Benchmark Committee Members;
- Plan and schedule timelines for projects and Benchmarking Processeso Plan and facilitate regular meetings between all stakeholders involved in the process;
- Prepare internal status reports of the Benchmarking processes and projects as requiredo Track project deliverables using project management tools
- Prepare reports (namely the benchmark reports) and other communication pieces for external and internal audiences;
- Organize public consultations on Benchmark reports;
- Coordinate the Monitoring of Continued Alignment processes and trouble shoot/amend as necessary.
- Quality assurance and continuous improvement
- Periodically review the current implementation of the Global Benchmark Tool and ensure that it remains in line with global best practices.
- Direct the preparation and implementation of Quality Assurance procedures and processes, including the periodic revision of the Global Benchmark Tool
- Develop and oversee training of Independent Experts and Benchmark Committee Members on the GSSI Global Benchmark Tool and the related Benchmark Process
- Develop and update training materials (for v 1.0 and 2.0)
- Communication and Representation
- Draft regular benchmarking updates and presentations for Steering Board and Executive Committee meetings
- (Re-)present GSSI and GSSI Global Benchmark Tool in (inter)national fora
- Arrange contracts for applicant schemes
- Arrange contracts for Independent Experts
- Oversee financial administration of the benchmark process
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years work experience
- Masters degree, or equivalent, in relevant discipline (sustainability, aquaculture and marine resource management, environment and/or social science)
- Proficient business English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Pro
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- The capability to explain complex information simply and clearly
- The ability to network and establish, and manage relationships with clients, consultants and external stakeholders
- The capability to deliver projects within pre-agreed budgets
- Research and analytical skills
- Punctual, yet flexible
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Resourceful and independent
- Willing to learn
- Good understanding of certification systems, auditing and quality assurance programs
- A basic understanding of GSSI, its mission and the seafood sector
What We Offer
We offer a dynamic, supportive and start-up working culture in which you will receive training on certification, accreditation, GSSI’s Global Benchmark Tool and the workings of the seafood industry more broadly. You will join seven colleagues in a sun-filled office in Haarlem and have the opportunity to work, and network with, stakeholders and seafood industry professionals from across the globe. International travel will be required approx. 3 – 6 times per year.
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing Herman Wisse, Managing Director. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until September 1st 2019.
Independent Expert (Consultant)
GSSI is always looking to recruit qualified Independent Experts to provide objective assessments against the Benchmark Framework. Independent Experts are not GSSI Employees, but independent, external consultants.
An Independent Expert shall have:
- Detailed knowledge of audit principles, procedures and techniques in relation to quality management auditing, and related key legislative requirements;
- Detailed knowledge of general business and organizational processes and operations in relation to size, structure and function and the cross-functional relationships inherent to quality management.
An Independent Expert shall attend a GSSI Training in order to have:
- Detailed knowledge of the GSSI’s vision, mission and objectives;
- Detailed knowledge of the GSSI Global Benchmark Tool;
- Detailed knowledge of the GSSI Benchmark Process;
- Detailed knowledge of quality management systems, applicable procedures and other management systems;
- Detailed knowledge of accreditation and certification processes and procedures.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills;
- Outstanding objective, evidence-based decision-making skills;
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to facilitate multi-stakeholder meetings (both in-person and via conference call);
- Ability to communicate confidently and with authority to secure agreement with Scheme Owner management;
- The ability to step into a leadership role to manage and control discussions and situations;
- Strong conflict prevention and resolution skills;
- The ability to understand and interpret complex system development and operation, as well as legislative requirements;
- The ability to produce clear and accurate reports of assessment findings and clearly articulate these in relation to GSSI Global Benchmark Tool requirements;
- The ability to provide direction and guidance to the Benchmark Committee Members in order to reach conclusions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity;
- Diplomatic, measured and willing to consider alternative ideas or points of view;
- Empathetic, respectful of others and able to engender trust;
- Highly confident, professional and not afraid of conflict.
An Independent Expert shall have attained, as a minimum, a university degree in a scientific discipline and have a minimum of 10 years full-time experience in quality management in aquaculture, fisheries or a related marine science. They will have specialized in areas such as quality assurance, quality management, production and manufacturing, retailing, inspection, auditing or enforcement.
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, addressing Herman Wisse, Managing Director. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until May 3rd, 2019.
Prior to entry into the Register of Independent Experts, an Independent Expert shall sign a Statement of Confidentiality and a Declaration of Interest and provide these to the GSSI Steering Board. In the event that personal circumstances mean that these statements are compromised, the Independent Expert will inform the GSSI Secretariat, who will, in turn, take appropriate steps to ensure that the integrity of GSSI is not compromised.
If there is not currently a job opening that suits you, we always welcome open applications. Please send your CV and letter of motivation addressed to Herman Wisse, Managing Director to firstname.lastname@example.org.