We are hiring, join our team
Benchmark manager (Full-time)
GSSI Office, Haarlem, The Netherlands
June 1st, 2019
- Oversee and manage the GSSI Benchmark Process, including ongoing monitoring of alignment
- Oversee and manage the development of the Global Benchmark Tool V.2.0
- Be responsible for the quality assurance of the GSSI Benchmark Process
- Continuously improve the GSSI Benchmark Process and administration
Oversee multiple Benchmark Processes simultaneously and ensure they run efficiently and effectively;
- Introduce applicant schemes and new partners of GSSI to the Global Benchmark Tool;
- Coordinate Independent Experts and Benchmark Committee Members to conduct the benchmark research and revision;
- Support resolution of technical issues by acting as liaison between the schemes, Independent Experts and Benchmark Committee Members;
- Plan and facilitate regular meetings between all stakeholders involved in the process;
- Prepare reports (namely the benchmark reports) and other communication pieces for external and internal audiences;
- Organize public consultations on benchmark reports;
- Coordinate the Monitoring of Continued Alignment processes and trouble shoot/amend as necessary.
Manage the development of the Global Benchmark Tool 2.0
- Manage the global multi-stakeholder process to revise the Global Benchmark Tool v 1.0 and develop the Global Benchmark Tool v 2.0;
- Oversee the coordination of the GSSI Expert Working Groups who will inform the content/indicator updates;
- Oversee the review and revision of the Benchmark Process and updating of the Benchmark Manual.
- Develop and oversee training of Independent Experts and Benchmark Committee Members on the GSSI Global Benchmark Tool and the related Benchmark Process;
- Develop and update training materials (for v 1.0 and 2.0).
- Draft regular benchmarking updates and presentations for the GSSI Steering Board and Executive Committee meetings;
- Represent GSSI at international conferences and events.
- Arrange contracts for applicant schemes;
- Arrange contracts for Independent Experts;
- Oversee financial administration of the benchmark process.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience;
- Masters degree, or equivalent, in relevant discipline (sustainability, aquaculture and marine resource management, environment and/or social science);
- Proficient in business English;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Pro;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- The capability to explain complex information simply and clearly;
- The ability to network and establish and manage relationships with clients, consultants and other external stakeholders;
- Employee management experience as you will need to manage an intern and possibly a Junior Benchmark Manager;
- Good understanding of certification systems, auditing and quality assurance programs;
- Punctual, yet flexible;
- Meticulous and attentive to detail;
- Resourceful and independent;
- Willing to learn;
- A basic understanding of GSSI, its mission and the seafood sector;
- Ability to deliver projects within agreed budgets;
- Research and analytical skills.
What We Offer
We offer a dynamic, supportive and start-up working culture in which youwill receive training on certification, accreditation, GSSI’s Global Benchmark Tool and the workings of the seafood industry more broadly.You will join seven colleagues in a sun-filled office in Haarlem and have the opportunity to work, and network with, stakeholders and seafood industry professionalsfrom across the globe. International travel will be required approx. 3 – 6 times per year.
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing Herman Wisse, Managing Director. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until May 3rd, 2019.
If there is not currently a job opening that suits you, we always welcome open applications. Please send your CV and letter of motivation addressed to Herman Wisse, Managing Director to email@example.com.