We are hiring, join our team
Communications Manager with Fundraising Experience (full-time)
- Do you want to work across the breadth of international communications and create impactful content for various audiences?
- Do you want to help provide value to our Partners by delivering a solid communications strategy that parleys the breadth of GSSI’s global reach?
- Do you want to do these while making a positive impact on our planet in a small, dynamic and international team that works every day to make sustainable seafood accessible for everyone?
Haarlem, the Netherlands
June 1, 2021
- As the GSSI Communications Manager, you will support GSSI by developing and delivering our communications strategy, managing all external communications, and supporting GSSI project requirements. The work is roughly 50% operation-based and 50% strategic-planning.
- You will work closely with the Partnership Officer to increase GSSI’s visibility, amplify our key messages at industry events, and to bring value to the GSSI Partnership through communications.
- You will work with the Executive Director to identify new funding opportunities and support the Executive Director in developing and coordinating project funding proposals and bids.
- The role is dynamic with a diverse range of activities and you are encouraged to take initiative in strengthening and increasing the visibility of our organization with strong content and creative communications approaches. This position is perfect for anyone who is looking for a full-time role where you can use your skills to deploy communications in a dynamic way for a mission-based organization.
- Develop, update, monitor and assess GSSI communication strategies: collect and analyze feedback from all relevant parties to improve the strategy.
- Deliver and implement GSSI communication strategies: oversee GSSI communications budget, develop annual communication plans, budget and KPI’s. Manage external consultants and service providers.
- Manage and execute external communications: development of communications products, newsletters, press releases, website, social media (LinkedIn and Twitter), media interviews, and videos.
- Support GSSI Fundraising Strategy: work with the Executive Director to develop GSSI abilities to raise funds; write effective fundraising applications in response to calls for proposals and coordinate with project officers to compile the information required for developing proposals and preparing donor reports for grants awarded.
- Event management: you will manage 2 to 3 international events per year.
Qualities & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an applicable communications role.
- Background in communication, marketing, or business/international studies.
- Preferably experience in fundraising, ideally with institutions, trusts and/or foundations.
- Is able to combine strategy, content and operational excellence.
- Native English proficiency, additional other languages are an advantage.
- Excellent judgement, strong work ethic, and close attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills and passion for storytelling.
- Proven experience in managing social media and maintaining an engaged audience.
- Proven experience with website management, experience with Divi builder is an advantage.
- High energy, positive and professional attitude and loves to deliver and create.
- Experience in using Office 365, Mailchimp, Trello and Piktochart.
- Resourceful, team player and independent.
- Is excited to get to know the GSSI network and has affinity with seafood and sustainability.
What we offer
We offer a dynamic and supportive work culture, a young and energetic team, with a shared passion to make a positive impact on our planet.
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing Herman Wisse, Executive Director. Applications will be accepted until April 20, 2021. Start date: ASAP. In your cover letter please let us know why you fit this role, why you are looking for another challenge and why GSSI is the organization for you.
GSSI supports flexible working, so the pattern of hours may vary according to operational and personal needs. GSSI works across different time zones and evening or weekend work and/or some international travel and overnight stays will be required. No overtime is payable, however under certain circumstances time off In lieu is granted.
- First round of remote interviews on April 22 and 23.
- Second round of interviews early in the week 17 of April.
- A final candidate selection will be made by the end of the week 17 of April.
- Starting date: ASAP, preferably June 1, 2021, or sooner.
Independent Expert (Consultant)
GSSI is always looking to recruit qualified Independent Experts to provide objective assessments against the Benchmark Framework. Independent Experts are not GSSI Employees, but independent, external consultants.
An Independent Expert shall have:
- Detailed knowledge of audit principles, procedures and techniques in relation to quality management auditing, and related key legislative requirements;
- Detailed knowledge of general business and organizational processes and operations in relation to size, structure and function and the cross-functional relationships inherent to quality management.
An Independent Expert shall attend a GSSI Training in order to have:
- Detailed knowledge of the GSSI’s vision, mission and objectives;
- Detailed knowledge of the GSSI Global Benchmark Tool;
- Detailed knowledge of the GSSI Benchmark Process;
- Detailed knowledge of quality management systems, applicable procedures and other management systems;
- Detailed knowledge of accreditation and certification processes and procedures.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills;
- Outstanding objective, evidence-based decision-making skills;
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to facilitate multi-stakeholder meetings (both in-person and via conference call);
- Ability to communicate confidently and with authority to secure agreement with Scheme Owner management;
- The ability to step into a leadership role to manage and control discussions and situations;
- Strong conflict prevention and resolution skills;
- The ability to understand and interpret complex system development and operation, as well as legislative requirements;
- The ability to produce clear and accurate reports of assessment findings and clearly articulate these in relation to GSSI Global Benchmark Tool requirements;
- The ability to provide direction and guidance to the Benchmark Committee Members in order to reach conclusions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity;
- Diplomatic, measured and willing to consider alternative ideas or points of view;
- Empathetic, respectful of others and able to engender trust;
- Highly confident, professional and not afraid of conflict.
An Independent Expert shall have attained, as a minimum, a university degree in a scientific discipline and have a minimum of 10 years full-time experience in quality management in aquaculture, fisheries or a related marine science. They will have specialized in areas such as quality assurance, quality management, production and manufacturing, retailing, inspection, auditing or enforcement.
If this opportunity sounds appealing to you, please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, addressing Herman Wisse, Executive Director. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion.
Prior to entry into the Register of Independent Experts, an Independent Expert shall sign a Statement of Confidentiality and a Declaration of Interest and provide these to the GSSI Steering Board. In the event that personal circumstances mean that these statements are compromised, the Independent Expert will inform the GSSI Secretariat, who will, in turn, take appropriate steps to ensure that the integrity of GSSI is not compromised.
If there is not currently a job opening that suits you, we always welcome open applications. Please send your CV and letter of motivation addressed to Herman Wisse, Executive Director to firstname.lastname@example.org.