Alaska Responsible Fisheries Management (RFM)
On 12 July
GSSI’s recognition shows that the Alaska RFM Program, with Fisheries Management Standard Version 1.3, effective 1 January 2016, is in alignment with all 143 applicable Essential Components of the GSSI Global Benchmark Tool (version 1.0, 8 October 2015). The Tool is grounded in the FAO Guidelines for the Ecolabelling of Fish and Fishery Products from Marine Capture Fisheries and consists of performance areas related to scheme governance, operational management (including chain of custody) and applied wild-capture fisheries audit standards.
Have a look at our factsheet to learn more about the benchmark process.
Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
Date of Recognition
12 July 2016,
Read the news release
Scope of Recognition
(Alaska Responsible Fisheries Management Standard version 1.3, effective 1 January 2016)
Steering Board Liaison
Aldin Hilbrands, Director Aquaculture Program, IDH
- Josie Foster, Director, J Foster Consulting LTD
- Dr. Kevin Stokes, Director, Stokes.Net.NZ LTD
Benchmark Committee Members
- Aimee Russillo, Independent Consultant, Liseed Consulting
- Dr. Joseph DeAlteris, President, Dealteris Associates Inc.
- Mark Boulter, Director, Safe Sustainable Seafood Pty Ltd.
- Pavel Salz, Director, Framian
(including chain of custody)