Audubon Gulf United for Lasting Fisheries (G.U.L.F.) Responsible Fisheries Management (RFM)
On 4 October
GSSI’s recognition shows that the Audubon G.U.L.F. RFM Certification Standard, v1.2 (July 10, 2018) is in alignment with all applicable Essential Components of the GSSI Global Benchmark Tool (version 1.0, 8 October 2015). The Tool is underpinned by the FAO Technical Guidelines for the Ecolabelling of Fish and Fishery Products from Marine Capture Fisheries and consists of performance areas related to scheme governance, operational management (including chain of custody) and applied wild-capture fisheries audit standards.
Have a look at our factsheet to learn more about the benchmark process.
Audubon Nature Institute
Date of Recognition
October 4, 2018
Read the news release
Scope of Recognition
Audubon G.U.L.F. RFM Certification Standard, v1.2 (July 10, 2018)
Steering Board Liaison
Judy Panayos, Sr Director, Sustainability, Supply Management, Sodexo
- Jody Foster, Director, J Foster Consulting LTD
- Dr. Joseph DeAlteris, President, Dealteris Associates Inc.
Benchmark Committee Members
- Sally Ananya Surangpimol, Director, The Food School
- Nigel Peacock, Director, Napfisheries & Aquatic Environment
- Rebecca Clarkson, Environment Manager, Aquaculture New Zealand
- Steve Minor, Managing Partner, Waterfront Associates
- Dr. Trevor Ward, Marine Ecologist, University of Technology Sydney
August 7 – September 6
No comments received
(including chain of custody)