The Iceland responsible fisheries management (IRFM)
On 8 November 2016 the GSSI Steering Board recognized the Iceland Responsible Fisheries Management (IRFM) Programme for the scope of Fisheries Certification.
GSSI’s recognition shows that the IRFM Certification Programme, with Fisheries Management Standard Version 2.0 (1 July 2016), is in alignment with all Essential Components of the Global Benchmark Tool. The Tool is grounded in the FAO Guidelines for the Ecolabelling of Fish and Fishery Products from Marine Capture Fisheries and consists of performance areas related to scheme governance, operational management (including chain of custody) and applied wild-capture fisheries audit standards.
Have a look at our factsheet to learn more about the benchmark process.
Iceland Responsible Fisheries Foundation
Date of Recognition
8 November 2016
Read the news release
Scope of Recognition
(Fisheries Management Standard Version 2.0, effective 1 July 2016)
Steering Board Liaison
Friederike Sorg, Head of Project Sustainability Standards Comparison Tool, GIZ
- Aimee Russillo, Independent Consultant, Liseed Consulting
- Dr. Joseph DeAlteris, President, Dealteris Associates Inc.
Benchmark Committee Members
- Josie Foster, Director, J Foster Consulting LTD
- Dr. Kevin Stokes, Director, Stokes.Net.NZ LTD
- Mark Boulter, Director, Safe Sustainable Seafood Pty Ltd.
- Josanna Busby, Category Manager, Seafood, Sidecase, Frozen Meats & Seafood, Food Lion, LLC
- Phil MacMullen, Head of Strategic Investment at Sea Fish Industry Authority
29 August – 25 September 2016
No comments received
(including chain of custody)